"Without the drug and alcohol service I'd find it very difficult to cope with my chaotic life"

About: Barnsley Hospital Phoenix Futures / Barnsley drug and alcohol services

(as a service user),

I have just recently completed my detox in Barnsley general hospital. I was admitted with suspected pancranitas and was treated for this. I explained to the doctor that I was alcohol dependant and I was given librium and the iv drips to support my treatment. However I felt at times that i was not wanted there with the attitudes of some of the nursing staff ect.

In Barnsley there is a detox unit which there is a long waiting list for this is in kendray. However i was supported by phoenix futures after i left hospital and i am now attending stuctured day care in Barnsley.

I personally feel that without this service available in Barnsley i would find it very difficult to cope with my chaotic life that i have had over the last number of years. My alcohol worker which has been an absolute rock in my treatment recovery and without their help and advice I feel I would not be in this position now.

Response from Vikki Padgett, Project Manager - Business and Organisational Development, NHS Barnsley We are preparing to make a change

Thank you for taking time to pass on your positive feedback about the Barnsley Drug and Alcohol Service. I will make sure that your comments are passed on to the team.

Response from Dan Richter, Head of Quality, Phoenix Futures

Thank you for your comments and we wish you all the best in your continued recovery. If you ever wanted to thank the worker personally you can use the Praise and Grumble process. Best wishes in your continued recovery.