"Voluntry work"

About: Phoenix Futures / Barnsley drug and alcohol services

(as a service user),

I have compleated the phoenix futures structered day care course and my experience was a positive one and I cannot praise the staff enough.

I am a single mum of a 2 year old girl so life is a challenge but I want to pursue a carreer within the drugs field but I need to do some voluntry work I am unsure how to do this and would like some advice on this as I am very keen to continue my recovery and feel I would like to put some thing back into the service after all I wouldn't be here without Phoenix Futures.

Response from Vikki Padgett, Project Manager - Business and Organisational Development, NHS Barnsley

Thank you for your comments; it is always good when we receive positive feedback about our services. I will pass on your comments to the Barnsley Drug and Alcohol Services and ask if any suggestions can be made regarding future volunteering options.

Response from Dan Richter, Head of Quality, Phoenix Futures

Thanks for your opinion. We can take on volunteers within Phoenix Futures and there is an application process for this, or we can show people where to access voluntary work elsewhere.

If you ring the day service manager Gary Rogerson, he can have a discussion with you about this. He can be contacted at 01226 329 680

Wishing you well in your recovery