"Where are all the well-mans clinics?"

About: Rotherham PCT

I would like to see more positive action taken to screen men for prostate cancer. I see advertisements all the time encouraging women to go for breast screening and I know that cervical smears are encouraged every 5 years. Why is there no such action to prevent prostate cancer?

I had prostate cancer and am now recovering, I received fantastic support from the Western Park walk-in cancer support service so I was one of the lucky ones.

There are so many men affected by prostate cancer and we need to make sure we give everyone a fighting chance by making screening a normal thing in life.

There have been well-women clinics for years, where are the well-mens clinics?

Response from Angela Eyre

Thank you for sharing your story on patient opinion and we are glad that you are now recovering well and that you feel you have been supported.

We do have a patient group called Cancer Action Rotherham web address www.carotherham.org

This is a user involvement group made up of cancer patients, carers and clinicians who share one very simple goal - to do whatever they can to ensure that the people of Rotherham have the best cancer support services possible.

Please take a look at this site as this group raises their concerns to NHS Commissioners and Providers and your comments may help to influence change.