"1.Stop the waiting times by pointless ..."
About: Macclesfield District General Hospital Macclesfield District General Hospital Macclesfield SK10 3BL
What could be improved
1.Stop the waiting times by pointless delay tactics.
2. realise that not everyone has not got jobs where they get paid time off from work. Practice what you preach and be on time. Or pay patients for Lost working hours unecessarly
3. When patients are being examined tell your medical staff to give their undivided attention to the patient, not have moaning sessions in front of them. (about patients punctualty on this occasion). It is rude and not showing dignity towards the patients. Not to mention being unprofressional
4. don't have patients turn up for operations when there is no intention of treament at that time.
5. follow up on your patients health regarding treament. Also let your patients know they have been discharged from care.
6. Ensure that patients have correct after care arranged, and ensure they know how to manage the pain after an operation.
I was refered to a consultant by my GP back in Sept 09, Given the choice, and recommendations about this hostipal, I chose to use it. Two Appointments to see the consultant cancelled by the hospital. One by me due to having to wait 1 1/2 hours then told there was a delay of another hour and fourty mins.
After seeing the consultant an operation date was arranged for 6th mar 10, this was delayed by the hospital til 26th Mar. At my pre-op a nurse entered the examination room just to moan about another patient turning up an hour late, this little chat lasted about 3mins, without regard to me. March 26th comes and I am admitted at 8am, to be told at around 12pm the operation was cancelled, and put back to the 7th April. 7th April comes along and the operation takes place. Since then I have had NO follow up from the dept ot hospital although the care plan stated I was suppoesed to see a nurse a "week or so" after. No pain control was explained. I had to contact my own emergency GP to get a community nurse to visit. To find out that the wounds had become infected.
Even the consultant has not bothered to follow up, which I find a disgrace. I still await being told I am officially discharged from his care.