"I visited the breast clinic and ..."

About: Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

I visited the breast clinic and I just have to pass on my thoughts and feelings as the care and attention I received was absolutely second to none. I was called to see the consultant who was so kind and approachable around 9am and by 9.50am they had assured me that I had nothing to worry about, aspirated two cysts and booked me in for a mammogram there and then. I then went to the x ray department where a member of staff with the biggest smile I have ever seen took me to the waiting room. The 2 people who did my mammogram were so kind and caring too and at 14.30 the breast care nurse who was also lovely (I need a new superlative) rang to tell me that my results were normal.

So, in the space of less than a day I went from being sick with worry to 100% happy that I had been properly assessed and dealt with with dignity and genuine care and concern.

In my opinion nothing.

I would just like to say thank you to the doctor, the nurses and the x-ray department.

Response from Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

Thanks for your comments. Hearing about positive experiences really motivates our staff, and helps us identify where we’re getting things right so we can share good practice across all of our services.