"I'm not sure how this hospital ..."

About: University College Hospital

I'm not sure how this hospital gets its excellent rating. They might be able to comply with the government statistics but beyond that it's appalling.

They comply with the government target for the first appointment following referral within 18 weeks. In fact I was able to get an appointment only 6 weeks after referral. Beyond that, forget it! After my first appointment I was flatly told there were no available follow up appointments for the next few months. So you get one appointment quickly, they order tests, etc and then you have to wait several months to go back and see them and get the results. Between the appointments there is radio silence and they don't even send the results to your GP. They must have your results a week or so after they were taken but you're made to wait months until your next appointment to find out what it is. I'm sick of this hospital already.

Response from University College Hospital

We are very very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction, if you would like your concerns looked in to please contact our PALS sevice on 0207 380 9975.