"I found it boring in the hospital"

About: Rotherham Hospital / General surgery

I have learning disabilities and last time I was in hopsital I was really bored because I had to stay in bed, there was no telly or radio. There was nothing for me to do. I didn’t like it. The staff were nice, they were happy to get me what I needed when I asked. I’ve been to the doctors for my health check they were good, friendly.

Response from Helen Wyatt, Manager, Patient and Public Involvement , Quality Assurance Team, Rotherham Clinical Commissioning Group

Thanks for telling us about the hospital and your health check.

I am glad that staff were friendly.

I have told staff at the hospital about you being bored, and will post their reply soon.

Response from Rebecca Allinson, Associate Director, Corporate Relations, Rotherham Hospital

Thank you for your feedback.

We were pleased to hear that you found the staff helpful but sorry that you felt bored. Most of our wards do have Patient Line (this is the unit next to the bed that provides personalised television and radio) so it sounds as if you were on a ward that doesn’t yet have this.

We should have realised you would have liked a telly or radio – if you let us know which ward it was (by calling the Patient Services department on 01709 304461) we will follow this up with them.