"I don’t have the support I would like"

About: Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health

At my GP surgery I sometimes feel dismissed and not taken seriously. It may to be my imagination but I feel like they sometimes do not trust what I am saying. I have changed GP but I have still found this to be the case. On the psychological side, my care has been good. I attended a few sessions at the bridge centre for depression which were good but there is no on going support which is a shame.

When I have had help it has been good but I think the service could be improved by providing more support. People with mental health problems can be more vulnerable and I don’t have the support I would like so it would be nice to have that option.

Response from Consumer Experience and Engagement Officer, Consumer Experience and Engagement Team, Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your posting. We appreciate that you have given us feedback on the service received from your community mental health team. This will be passed on to enable a more detailed response to be posted in the next few days.

Response from

Your concern has since been forwarded to the North Hampshire Area Manager for Adult Mental Health who has provided the following response:

We are very pleased to hear that the help you have received from Mental Health Services has been positive. Unfortunately we are unable to provide ongoing support for everyone but we are pleased to take referrals for further treatment should this be required.