"A clean, efficient and for the ..."

About: Derriford Hospital

A clean, efficient and for the most part very friendly hospital with curteous staff from the cleaners to the doctors who seem interested in you as a person and not just a patient.

One Neurosurgery Out-patient health care worker.

I had an Neuro OP appt on Friday. I had paid 3 hours parking to allow for lateness. However after 3 hours it became clear I was going to run out of time. I approaced a member of staff with my numberplate details as advised by Derriford. The person was extremely rude and informed me in full hearing of other patients waiting that I should have parked in a disabled bay because I am mentally handicapped. They then phoned the car park warden I believe with the details saying I couldnt remember where I had left the car but it was in a disabled bay and I was allowed to be there because I was mentally disabled - again in full hearing of other patients. I was in fact parked on the slope up the hill (which I had tried to tell her) and I am not mentally or physically disabled. I am appalled at the attitude and the fact that medical conditions can be spoken of so loudly and dismissively that other patients can hear and also divulged to parking staff. Incidentally I was late because I had been put in a treatment room for suture removal and then forgotten by clinic staff. The pm clinic nurse found me waiting and had to remove the sutures.