"Once I had arrived on Ward 5 I ..."

About: Huddersfield Royal Infirmary

Once I had arrived on Ward 5 I was examined and treated almost as if I was the only person on the Ward (Docs' rounds often 90 mins before breakfast was served!)

Nursing and housekeeping staff were excellent, helpful,cheerful and hard working. Bless them

Certainly the showers could benefit from some shelving, seating and coat pegs

I was admitted twice in a short time and both young medics in A&E could have listened more attentively to what I was telling them. The first one even asked what I expected him to do and why was I there. The reaction of the consultants on Ward 5 confirmed that I had done the right thing in staying!

A supply of extra pillows would have been much appreciated by me

Response from Huddersfield Royal Infirmary

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know about your care and treatment when you were at Huddersfield Royal Infirmary. Your comments about what could be improved will be passed on to the estates departments and to our A&E lead. For your future reference, we have a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) which aims to help when people need advice or have concerns, or if people would just like to comment on our service. PALS can be contacted on 01484 342128 or by e-mail pals@cht.nhs.uk. Thanks again.