"There was nothing i liked, it ..."
About: Leighton Hospital Leighton Hospital Crewe CW1 4QJ
Posted by Anonymous (as ),
What I liked
There was nothing i liked, it was a disgrace!
What could be improved
in shorthand. here is a bulleted list of areas of extreame concern.
* professionalism and manners of staff were disgusting. No bedside manner. No warm caring atmosphere.
* tension regarding short staff and uncapable staff. leading to myself and other patients not getting medication, pain, distress or personal care attended to.
* Dirt and mess, left in waste, blood, vomit, for hours after asking for clean linen and help to change night clothes. dirty bedpans under bed allong with catheter bags.
* Very conserned about meals, and the lack of them. veggie meal never came the whole 10 weeks i was a patient. staff joked about it when a meat dish would arive after complaints were sent numurous times to the catering department.
one bannana and an apple deliverd by a dietitian is not enough to live on, or try and get someone stronger.
* noise at night, laughing and on moile phones at night,and eatting most of the time were the night staff.
* when going for tests, was left in a drafty corridore for an hour and a half before then having to go ack to the ward because was too ill.
Waiting times and wrong information on seeing a doctor. waiting days!
* was given an overdose of medication due to negligence. resulting in a bad reaction. this is still under investigation.
I could go on into other areas of disappointment, but these are my main concerns.
Things need to get better here, this service has not changed after five long stays over 10 years and numerous outpatient clinics. every time its been distressing, and a nightmare.
i would tell others to avoid this hospital if possible, if i had been in a position to choose had and i had not been in so urgent need of the proximitly to my home then i would have gone elsewhere.