"There was no pressure on me from Span"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult Mental Health Services - Community (City)

I have borderline personality disorder before I came to Span I would not go out in case I was danger to myself or others. I always wanted to learn computers, but I knew it would be a waste of time, because I cannot concentrate for very long. The NHS support worker told me about Span. I went with her to meet (Tim) tutor). He was very understanding I have been attending now just over a year and passed my exam. There was no pressure on me I did it at my own pace but lots of support from my tutor, and some of the staff.

Although I tend to keep myself to myself, I really look forward to my afternoon there. I would like more group things but I know at this stage of my life I have to pace myself.

Response from Involvement Team , Involvement & Experience, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for your comments. We are always pleased to receive feedback.I am pleased that SPAN has been able to support you in the way you describe.

I am glad that you have been able to promote your recovery by utilising SPAN. I hope that you are now able to get out and about more.

I am also glad that you have found the confidence to sit and pass an exam, well done; you put the effort in and deserve the recognition.

Tim Wood

Social inclusion and wellbeing service