"I am writing to complain about ..."

About: Central Middlesex Hospital

I am writing to complain about my shock and horror of discovering through my GP that I have been discharged from the gynacologic list. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome. I have undergone many treatments, but the only one I believe that will work for me is a total hysterectomy. The last time I saw the consultant she said that she would refer me to the phychiatric department to make sure I was totally aware of the implications of the operation. That was at the end of last year. That was the I heard before my GP told me that she had discharged me. In a way my mum says it is the best thing that would happen as now I can get refered to a gynacologist who will give me the treatment I have needed for the last 15 years. I am fed up of the pain and mood swings (including suicidal) my condition causes. Please ensure that no other patient gets treated like this.

Response from Central Middlesex Hospital

We were sorry to learn of the experiences you describe, and your feedback will be passed onto the manager for the area concerned. If you would like to raise your concerns formally, please write to Ms Fiona Wise, Chief Executive, Northwick Park Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 3 UJ, or via email to trust@nwlh.nhs.uk.