"Arthroscopy knee orthopaedic day case ward."

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital / General surgery

Had Atthoscopy of my knee on 10 October 2016. The whole procedure from start to finish was faultless. The ambiance cleanliness of the ward was second to none.I was addmited by most caring nurse then seen by my very knowledge surgeon who explained everything to me.. Then met the ananethtist wow what a brilliant person, put me at easy straight away after many years of fears of having a general anaesthetic. Theatre staff were very reassuring and took very good care of me ,the after care also was top notch it was akin to private care.Thank you all so much for the superb care given to me.

Response from Andrew Heath, Lead in Patient Experience & Engagement, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Pauline

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at The Blackpool Teaching Hospitals. It is great to read that you had such a positive experience whilst in our care and the staff that you came into contact with were able to provide the support, reassurance and care that you needed.

I will ensure that I will share your comments with the teams involved who I know will be delighted to read about your experience.

Thank you once more and I wish you a continued recovery.