"At every stage I was expertly treated"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Accident and emergency

Following a fall in the street, injuring my knees, I managed to get home but during the night I encountered severe pain and was driven to Lincoln county hospital, arriving about 7am just as the night staff were looking forward to their beds after a hectic 12+ hour shifts. At every stage I was expertly treated from the first receptionist, the triage nurse, casualty doctor, nurses, x-Ray, CT scan and orthopaedic registrar and his team. The orthopaedic team explained the treatment options to me with clarity, patience and professionalism and following his treatment to reduce pain and swelling I was able to return home and have this morning been given an outpatient appt. There were initial delays in the waiting room but after that the system was faultless. It must be said that had I and probably many others in the waiting room had the opportunity to initially visit their local GPs maybe A&E departments would not be so overloaded.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear DACharl

I would like to thank you for taking time to post these comments on Patient Opinion.

The staff in A&E do work very hard and it will be a delight for them to read your positive comments following your recent visit. I hope you continue to make a speedy recovery.

Karen Hansord

Acting matron for Emergency Care

• DACharl thinks this response is helpful