"Could not have been better"

About: Queen Margaret Hospital / Endoscopy

Could not have been better. Staff friendly and reassuring and made me feel confident in their ability to care for me. Unit is very clean and gives every air of being efficient.

One minor possible improvement is signage at reception. Bell to call clerkess is only visible from inside the unit and most people coming in did not notice it immediately.

Response from Gillian Ogden, Clinical Nurse Manager, Planned Care, NHS Fife We are preparing to make a change

Dear Otiscat

Thank you for taking the time to post on Patient Opinion.

It was nice to read that our staff were friendly and were able to reassure you during your recent stay in our Endoscopy Unit. Coming to hospital for any procedure can be an anxious time and having confidence in the staff makes all the difference. I will share your post now with our staff who will be grateful for your kind words.

You have made a good point about the signage for our reception desk and the staff who have already read your post have agreed that this is an issue.

We do have a longer term plan to upgrade the reception desk to enable a member of our staff to man the desk at all times, however in the meantime, I have been in contact with our Estates Department and someone is on their way now to review the signage.

Thanks again for posting your feedback on Patient Opinion, your post has prompted a change that will improve the experience for our patients in the future.

I hope you have recovered well following your procedure.

Gill Ogden

• Otiscat thinks this response is helpful