"A night to forget"

About: The Whittington Hospital / Accident and emergency

Having just spent a night in this hospital with a sick partner whom required admission, I have to say how sad and depressed I am at the thought this is my local hospital. I attended A&E with my partner whom was in excruciating pain and I must say the only kindenss we experienced was from the reception staff and the pharmacist when we collected our medication on discharge. My partner was rolling on the floor in pain and there wasn't a single person in the A&E department who had a minute to come to us and give us some reassurance. I had to run around with vomit bowls, asking for analgesia and just overall keep an eye on my partner whom wasn't in a state to advocate for himself. Being a nurse myself I was pretty ashamed of my profession that night. I just hope that we never have to return again. Unfortunately the medical staff weren't much kinder either.

Response from The Whittington Hospital

We are so sorry to hear you and your partner had such a difficult visit to our hospital. We are concerned by some of the issues you have raised. If you contact our PALS team on 020 7288 5551 or whh-tr.whitthealthPALS@nhs.net then we will be able to investigate this further for you.