"Thank you"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / General Medicine

Our brother was admitted to GRI Ward 50 after taking a turn for the worse at his nursing home. It was clear in the last few days that he was approaching the end of his life. For any family that haven't witnessed a close relative approaching death, this can be a perplexing and difficult time.

The staff on Ward 50 were superb. Rob, the Staff Nurse, was very supportive. He told us what to expect, he managed our concerns but above all he dealt with us with kindness and with my brother with care. Rob, you were fantastic.

To Dougie who brought us the news that the end was near, our grateful thanks for your kindness and the way in which you helped us, and our brother, at the end. I have nothing but the highest praise for all of you. Thank you so much.

Response from Lisa Ramsay, Patient Experience Public Involvement Team Support, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear Skipglen65

I am sorry to read about the loss of your brother, this must be a difficult time for you and your family. I am glad to read that the way the care was provided to your brother meant so much to your and family. I am also glad to read the way in which our staff cared for your and family during this difficult time and the comfort that care gave.

I will ensure your kind words are passed on to the staff in Ward 50, especially those that you have personally mentioned. They will be glad to hear that the care they provided made a difference.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.
Lisa