"Grateful to the CAMHS Team, Coatbridge"

About: Lanarkshire Community Services / Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services

(as a parent/guardian),

My daughter had psychosis when she first met the CAMHS Intensive Treatment Team. They came to our home and helped the family cope during a really difficult time. Initially, I was apprehensive as I had little knowledge about mental health, but the team were reassuring and approachable.

My daughter had a key worker Marie, who was a great support to her both before and after a hospital stay in Skye House. I believe my daughter benefited from having someone who got to know her and built up a good relationship over time. She had a diagnosis of bipolar and enjoyed the outings Marie would take her on, which also gave the family a break. We are grateful for the service they provided.

Also, she helped with the transition back to school.

Response from Jim Murray, Service Manager, Childrens Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Hi Carey,

I am glad to hear that your daughter has benefitted from her experience with the CIT team. The team work hard to support young people to stay at home or to return there safely from hospital admission.

I will pass your gratitude on to the team and to Marie whom you mention.

Can I take this opportunity to wish you and your daughter all the best going forwards.

Take Care