"Excellent Staff"

About: Manchester Royal Infirmary / Accident and emergency

I attended MRI A&E this evening to have a piece of broken glass removed from my foot.

After twenty minutes or so, I saw a triage nurse before a junior doctor saw me about an hour later.

After a preliminary X-ray, they removed the glass and then sent me back for a further X-ray just to be certain.

All the staff were professional, diligent, and helpful.

A&E was very busy, but I know that isn't the fault of the staff on site, who were just amazing and a tribute to the NHS.

Response from Patient Experience Team, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comment on the NHS Choices website. We were pleased to read that you had a positive experience at the Manchester Royal Infirmary. We were especially pleased that you found our staff to be professional, diligent and helpful. We aim to provide all of our patients with a high standard of care and it is always good to receive feedback which highlights the hard work of our staff in achieving this standard. We will ensure that your feedback is passed on to the Operational Manager of the Accident and Emergency Department so that it can be shared with the wider team.