"Excellent care from everyone"

About: Warwick Hospital / Accident & emergency Warwick Hospital / General surgery Warwick Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

I fell from a porch roof and fractured my right femur last Wednesday. I was attended by a member of Warwickshire Ambulances 'fast response' team and also paramedics. I was taken to the A&E Department at Warwick Hospital and attended by doctors and nurses. Following admission to Thomas Ward I underwent surgery to repair the fracture by the insertion of cannular screws. The operation was conducted by the Consultant, Mr Sloan and his Registrar, Michelle. Throughout my stay (3 days) I received excellent care from all of the staff. The 'bedside manner' of the Consultant, Registrar and Consultant Anaesthetist was of the highest order. I have nothing but praise for all of the staff on Thomas Ward from Consultant to cleaners.

Response from Mary Calcutt, Communications Officer, South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this comment. I hope you are now recovering well.

• Bryn thinks this response is helpful

Response from Regional Head of Patient Experience, West Midlands Ambulance Service

Dear Bryn

Many thanks for your feedback.

I hope you are making a good recovery, where possible we try to share feedback with our staff. If you would like me to share your feedback with the attending ambulance crew, I would be grateful if you would consider contacting the Patient Experience Team at email pals@wmas.nhs.uk or telephone number 01384 26366.

kindest regards