"hospitals mental health awareness"

About: Royal Derby Hospital / Emergency department Royal Derby Hospital / Nephrology

after being admitted to derby royal hospital with physical illness (kidney stones)  I made a and e aware I had not taken mental health medication for over 24 hours and was in need of that as well as treatment for kidneys. I was ignored through out the day for my requests for mental health medication. Some 12 hours later I passed out in small waiting room I was taken out of a hospital bed to be placed in this room due to my panic of public areas? I told the nurses found me I was suffering withdrawal from needed mental health medication I was given painkiller eventually taken up to a ward for treatment for kidneys. at 8 pm I was offered medication but it was wrong sort I needed moderate slow release not normal release, I was told it was now too late to get a moderate release delivered to the hospital as they did not stock it?

I was left feeling mentally ill and withdrawal symptoms until I eventually out of desperation took the normal release knowing it would make me feel ill. I asked for mental health services the nurses did not know how to get me this it took a further 15 hours for a crisis team liaison student to come and assess me I was left feeling paranoid anxious on a public ward unable to sleep due to irrational thoughts. there was no formal training for nurses on the wards or in a and e on how to deal with mental health issues? no procedure for referral to crisis teams even though it was in same hospital?