"Rude reception - will not be returning"

I accidentally showed up at the Ivy Clinic out of opening hours ( I was in an emotional state and thought it was Tuesday not Wednesday when the clinic opens at 12.30am and not 9am).

I rang the bell and had a person come out in a very aggressive manner addressing me as "young lady" and told me to "read the sign".

I finally clicked as to my error and went to apologise and they slammed the door in my face! This kind of reception is highly inappropriate considering the services the clinic provides (family planning) and the likely emotional state of a lot of their patients (including in this case me!).

I would not use or recommend this clinic given my experience before even being let in the door!

Response from St Leonard's

We are very sorry to hear about your poor experience of the service provided at the Ivy Clinic.

Your feedback has been passed to the Ivy team. We would like to understand more about what happened on this occasion so that we can give you a full explanation and aim to resolve the issues you have raised concerning your care and treatment.

We hope you will contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) tel: 020 8510 7315, or text 07584445400, or email: PALS.Service@homerton.nhs.uk so that we can investigate further and give you an opportunity to discuss your concerns