"Ankle injury, in and out w/x-ray in 30mins"

About: Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital (Welwyn Garden City)

I had injured my ankle at football so decided a visit to a&e would be my best course of action. I was dreading the expected 2-3+hr wait I had become used to living in the north of the country. However after registering I was seen promptly by a competent nurse in roughly 10mins. 10mins after the consultant I was forwarded to the radiology dept for an x-ray which happened as soon as I arrived. I then proceeded right back to the same nurse who confirmed thankfully I had only sprained by ankle, and they also respectfully and informatively answered all of my questions.I had arrived, was seen, had an x-ray, seen again and was out in about 30mins total. I received a fantastic service all around and would definitely recommend especially the ururgent care center at the QE2.

Response from Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital

Thanks for getting in touch Ryan - it was good to see that you had such a positive experience of using our urgent care centre at the New QEII hospital.

We've shared your comments with the team and we know that they won't mind us saying that - and for all the right reasons, of course - they hope you don't have a need to use their services again any time soon!