"Treatment received from the Ambulance Service and William Harvey Hospital."

About: South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance William Harvey Hospital / Accident and emergency

Following a seizure/ Fit in a local supermarket, I cannot express in words the care and service that was given to myself, from the attendance of the paramedics, the WHH A&E dept, and the short stay ward in which an overnight stay was incurred and subsequent outpatient appointments, has been exemplory it is very comforting to know that this service is available as and when required, and finally a big thank you to all those concerned.

Response from William Harvey Hospital

I am sorry to learn that you had a bit of a turn in the supermarket, which must have been very distressing for you.

I am so glad to learn that everyone provided such good care to you all through your 'patient journey'.

I hope the cause for the seizure has been found and that you are well on the road to recovery.

Thank you for letting us know about your experience.

Response from Louise Hutchinson, Patient Experience Lead, South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

Dear pm6437

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about the service you received from the NHS following your recent seizure. It must have been a very worrying time for you, and I was so pleased to read your positive comments about the care you received from the ambulance service, as well as from our hospital colleagues.

Ambulance crews really do appreciate receiving feedback from patients, as they rarely get to hear how their patients have got on once they have taken them to hospital. If you would like me to pass on your thanks to the crew themselves, and if you have time, please feel free to email our Patient Experience Team at pet@secamb.nhs.uk, or to telephone 01273 484816, letting us know the date and the address to which the ambulance was called so that we can identify the crew concerned.

I do hope you are recovering well from your seizure, and thank you very much again for your kind comments.

Wishing you all the very best for the future, Louise Hutchinson