"State of toilets"

About: West Glasgow Ambulatory Care Hospital (Yorkhill) / Minor Injuries Unit

(as other),

I visited the West Glasgow Ambulatory Care Centre (old Yorkhill? ! ) last week. I nipped to the loos in the reception area before my appointment. What can I say? I know that this building is in the middle of changing its use however it is still accessible by the public. I was quite surprised, maybe even shocked, at the state of them - well the ladies.

The toilet seat was broken and askew. Isn't this dangerous? The toilet itself, the walls, the basin, floor just looked unhygienic and grubby. I know it's a public toilet and I've used some choice ones in my time but I do not expect this in a hospital setting. There was a smoking cessation poster on the wall dated what looked like 2006.

I thought I'd let you know about the shoddy state of this loo. I know you have a lot to do but really someone needs to take a look at this and ask themselves would I be happy for my granny to use this!

Everything else was grand by the way!

Response from Lisa Ramsay, Patient Experience Public Involvement Team Support, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear Dancing Queen

Thank you for taking the time to post on Patient Opinion. I am sorry to read about your experience of the ladies toilets in West Glasgow ACH. What you have described is not what we want any of our patients and visitors to experience.

I will share your feedback with our Facilities department and ask them to provide a further update to you here.

Best wishes