"Polite, friendly and professional"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Gynaecology

I was a day surgery patient in Wishaw General Hospital and having thanked the staff I wanted to share my thoughts about the care I received. All staff were very polite, friendly and professional. The procedures were explained clearly and concisely. My procedure was carried out on time. I was very anxious about receiving a spinal anaesthetic this was greatly alleviated by the theatre staff and anaesthetist who talked me through the whole procedure calmly and accurately, explaining step by step what I would feel and experience. When in recovery the staff could not have been more attentive, regularly checking if I would like a drink or sandwich or need anything in addition to carrying out their observations. I very much appreciate the care and attention I received. Thank you.

Response from Maureen Dobbin, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical Care, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear grannyangel,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments. It is very reassuring to hear that your experience was such a positive one at a time when you would have been worried and anxious. I will share your comments with all staff both in day surgery and theatres as they will appreciate your very positive comments.

I hope you are recovering well at home

Best Wishes