"Cancer Ward - 5D"

About: St Bartholomew's Hospital

I am very disappointed with the way we were treated in this hospital. Anyone with any form of cancer avoid this hospital. Please note you will never be able to locate a medical member of staff in the 5D ward as the main station desk is never stationed with the team. The team care more about finishing their shifts on time then dealing with the patient they are suppose to look after. I have been left stressed and traumatised by what I have witnessed.

Response from St Bartholomew's Hospital

We are very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the care you received on ward 5D. The ward covers a large area with the majority of patients cared for in single rooms; this does mean that staff are not always immediately visible to patients.

The main desk is staffed by a receptionist during working hours who should always be able to contact clinical staff on behalf of the patients and we do apologise if you did not find this to be the case.

We would welcome the opportunity to investigate the concerns you have raised in more detail and encourage you to contact our governance team at St Bartholomew’s on 0203 765 8868 to discuss.

Kind regards,