"nurses made this ordeal bearable"

About: Queen Margaret Hospital / Endoscopy

I had the best experience I could have hoped for given the circumstances. For the minute I arrived to the minute I left I felt like I was being looked after in the very best way. I felt like I was a person, not a number which is how I have felt with other hospital experiences that I have had. The nurses was brilliant, so friendly, kind and really made me feel at ease as I was nervous about the procedure. Even going into the room where the procedure was taking place, everyone was so lovely and considerate about how I was feeling etc. This was one of the best patient centred care experience I have ever had and I am so grateful for the nurses who made this terrifying ordeal bearable.

Response from Gillian Ogden, Clinical Nurse Manager, Planned Care, NHS Fife

Dear arzj

Thank you for taking the time to post on Patient Opinion.

The first word that came in to my head when I read your post was WOW! What a lovely testament your story is to our staff.

It is completely understandable that you would feel nervous about coming for an endoscopy and it was good to read that our staff supported you and made you feel at ease throughout your stay.

I will pass on your post now to our staff and I am sure that your lovely feedback will make their day.

I hope that you have recovered well

Thanks again

Gill Ogden

• arzj thinks this response is helpful