"Thank you to you all for doing what you do"

About: Queen Margaret Hospital / General Medicine Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

I was admitted after a mini stroke from the time my wife called the ambulance which came within 14 minutes impressive and the care I received from them was excellent and caring.

After being admitted to hospital where the staff just took over in such professional manner and with a friendly face I felt I was in good hands. these days we find that it's just the negative complaints we hear about well not in this case. the staff that looked after me, and I can't remember all their names, were all fantastic and my wife and I would like to say a big thank you to you all for doing what you do and looking after people that are in desperate need of your help. So keep up the good work and I hope not to see you again lol all the very best to all.

Response from Sharon Hammell, Head of Corporate Affairs and Engagement, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear shiny

thank you sharing your story about your care when you had a mini stroke. I'm delighted to hear that the ambulance crew were excellent and caring. We are doing a lot of work at the moment on improving pre-hospital of stroke care which is based on the FAST test, and this is helping save more lives and improve patient outcomes.

I'm sure you are getting lots of advice about how to look after yourself during your recovery, but I thought I'd share the experience of my mother-in-law with you. She recently had a stroke and found the information provided by Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland really helpful, particularly when she felt anxious in the days and weeks after coming out of hospital. I'm sure you've thought of this, but thought I'd let you know, just in case.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear shiny

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about the care you received after having a mini stroke. This must have been very frightening for both you and your wife. I am sure my colleague in the Ambulance Service will respond, and like me will be delighted to hear your positive feedback.

It would be helpful if you were able to clarify which ward you were in so I can make sure I share your feedback with the appropriate team. If you can't remember the specific ward, a short call to me with your details would enable me to check our system and get the feedback to the staff. It is good to be able to positively re enforce the good work of staff.

Thank you for taking time to express your appreciation.

All the best

Louise Ewing

• shiny thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by shiny (the patient)

dear Louise thanks for your email its good to know my story got through it was important to me to let the staff concerned what I thought of them from the person who took the first phone call from my wife to the last nurse who showed me the way out. the ward I was in on that day was ward 3 bay 3 once again a grt big thanks to you all.