"Operation has made a massive difference to my life"

About: Hexham General Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I suffer from arthritis, like many people in the north of England.My wrist got so bad I couldn't even carry a cup of tea or reach for something from a supermarket shelf without dropping it. I saw a consultant who said they could help me, we discussed options and decided the joint fusion would work best.I had a Saturday appointment for day surgery at Hexham and from start to finish was treated like royalty. Follow up appointments were on time. I had my signing off appointment today and I was able to express my absolute delight at the outcome, I can once again carry and use my wildlife camera and lens ( think 3 bags of sugar for weight) and generally get on with a pain free life once more.

While my doctor was the Consultant, they had a superb team working with them and I include their secretary in that team, they have been magnificent and I will be forever grateful. Hexam Hospital and Northumbria NHS - take a bow!

Response from Hexham General Hospital

Dear JoT,

What a fantastic review of Hexham General Hospital.

I am so pleased that we managed to give you the treatment you needed to get back to having a pain-free life. I will pass on your kind comments to the staff who were involved with your care and everyone that you mention in your review, I’m sure they will be delighted to know that they have made such a difference to your quality of life. It’s great that you can finally start using your wildlife camera again.

Kind Regards,