"Worst "help" ever!"

About: Whipps Cross University Hospital

Waiting in the queue for three hours to see a health assistant who asked me the same questions the third time. Don't know the name of the health assistant but they were rude and unpleasant. Refused to read a paper that the ambulance gave to me and said that they did not want to bother to read their handwriting. When I was replying to their questions they seemed annoyed and kept asking the same questions. And after they said to wait to see a doctor. When I asked for how long (cause they said it will happen shortly) they said that they didn't know how long this "shortly" will take. When I started to complain they replied with a phrase that explained everything: NHS is here for you. I just needed a prescription for the antibiotics cause I got a very bad reaction on the current ones. And I needed to leave without any sort of help because it was already 2 o'clock in the morning (and after those 3 hours I didn't want to stay any second more)!

Extremely bad experience, if you can go to another hospital - do it! The ambulance was a lot more helpful! Literally a lot!

Response from Whipps Cross University Hospital

We are sorry that your experience hasn't met the standards we expect. This is not acceptable and we apologise for any additional upset this may have caused. We would like to speak with you about the concerns you have raised here so that we are able to understand and investigate what happened. To do this; we ask if you could contact us with your personal information and more detail about your visit.

Please contact the PALS Team on 020 3594 2040 or by email: pals@bartshealth.nhs.uk

Barts Health NHS Trust