"ENT"

About: Rotherham Hospital / Ear, Nose and Throat

Waited months to see ENT. I have had Catarrh and nasal blockage for 2 years. It's very embarrassing socially as when I eat I must clear my nose for the next 30 minutes. The consultant saw me for only 4 minutes was very rushed. They placed a tube up my nose and said they could not see any problems, no you wouldn't as problems only arise when eating.

"Sorry we cannot help everyone you will need to learn to live with it." After 4 minutes they had given up. Did not advise where to go next. I asked if there was another specialist I can see they laughed. 2 minutes later I'm on way home in car.

Response from Samantha Robinson, Patient Experience and Complaints Manager, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Brian

Hello my name is Samantha, I am sorry to learn of your recent experience within the ENT Department, please be assured we take concerns seriously and would like to investigate the issue that you have raised in more detail. In order for us to do this please contact our Patient Experience Team on 01709 424461 so we can discuss the matter in confidence.