"Excellent treatment for my four year old son's..."

About: Musgrove Park Hospital / Accident and emergency

I cannot praise the staff at Accident and emergency enough for the kindness and consideration shown to my son today. Following a nasty fall on to the back of his head I made the decision to get him checked out and as it was a Saturday afternoon I headed for A and E. Due to reports in the press about people mis-using the service and long waits I was nervous as to whether it was the right decision. The whole experience was reassuring and positive for my son and for me. I would like to thank the triage nurse and doctor on duty who comforted him and communicated so well. He went away with three stickers, a certificate and a smile on his face. (head injury checked over and okay) Thank you so much!

Response from Lucille Hoose, PALS and Complaints Lead, Patient Experience Department, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write to give praise to the staff who cared for your son in the Accident & Emergency Department at Musgrove Park Hospital on Saturday. It is always a pleasure to receive commendations such as yours and I thank you for your kind comments which I will pass on to the staff involved. With very best wishes to you and your son, Lucille Hoose. Patient Experience Department.