"No contact from the Orthopaedics Dept"

About: Bristol Royal Infirmary / Trauma and orthopaedics

I have been trying to get a follow up appointment with the consultant for almost a month. My op was carried out in June, a three month follow up appointment was promised.

In the first couple of days of September, I received a letter dated 15th August asking me to phone and book an appointment. Since then, I have been ringing at least three times a week to do just that. It either rings and rings until it cuts out or very occasionally I get an answer phone message saying ' we are busy dealing with other patients'. I need this appointment; the issue which was healing well has flared up, I am heading for a frozen shoulder and am in a lot of pain. I will now be ringing every day, as often as I am able. I do not want to take time off sick from my NHS role due to this issue but I am almost at the point of being unable to drive again - so even more pressure on my NHS colleagues then?

Response from Bristol Royal Infirmary

Hello. Thank you for leaving your feedback. We are sorry to hear about this issue. Please contact our patient complaint and support service via the email address: psct@uhbristol.nhs.uk

or please call 0117 342 1050 and speak to one of our friendly and helpful staff. Kind regards.