"BRONTE WARD"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital / Respiratory medicine

My nan was on the Bronte ward up until yesterday when she passed away. I am absolutely amazed with the nurses and doctors on this ward. They gave my nan the dignity and respect she deserved, the care was fantastic couldn't fault it at all. They were so gentle with my nan and when she got really scared near end of life they reassured her we were still there with her. The nurses kept my 7 year old son occupied with them behind the nurse station, drew pictures with him, gave him marker pens to take home, he drew a pic for my dying nan. They were so good to him and kept him away from the scenery as much as possible, they even made a little wrist band with "Dr" on, gave him an apron and he helped make teas for the patients. The nurses need a lot more recognition for what they do. I believe the main nurses on the Bronte ward thoroughly deserve recognition. We will be back tomorrow to bring a little something for the nurses and thank you so much for caring and looking after my nan my whole family thoroughly appreciate everything. Wakeley ward was just as good 2 weeks before.

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

Thank you for your kind words; please accept our condolences at your nan's passing.