"Incredibly dignified treatment."

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital / Gynaecology

I was rushed into hospital on fri morning Via ambulance due to heavy blood loss from a miscarriage. From the second the paramedics arrived to the moment I was discharged from hospital I couldn't have wished for better treatment. I was on a ward within 10 mins of arriving and the treatment from the nurses and consultants was second to none. I had a private room which was a blessing under the circumstances and can't praise the hospital enough. Thank you for helping me through a very difficult time.

Response from Andrew Heath, Lead in Patient Experience & Engagement, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Karen

Thank you for your feedback on the care and treatment you experienced whilst a patient in Blackpool Teaching hospital. I am sorry to hear the circumstances that caused you to need our services but I know that the staff will appreciate the time that you have taken to give this feedback. It is encouraging to hear that from the ambulance to the ward you found the staff and service “second to none” and they were able to help you through this difficult time.

I will ensure I inform the teams, involved in your care and treatment, of the comments that you have made.

Kind Regards