"The kind and helpful way I was received and treated"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Accident & Emergency

I was on holidays in Glasgow, and was told to look for assistance at the QUEH for I had been suffering from haematuria for a few days.

I'm writing just to thank all the team of the highly equipped hospital, especially Dr Speakman, CT1 Accident and Emergency, for the kind and helpful way I was received and treated at the hospital. My only feedback for improvement is that things could have been a little more rapid.

Response from Lisa Ramsay, Patient Experience Public Involvement Team Support, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear Alurez

Thank for taking the time to post on Patient Opinion. I am sorry to hear that you were unwell whilst on holiday in Glasgow and had to visit the A&E at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital. I am pleased to read about the care and kindness you were shown whilst receiving treatment.

I will ensure that your kind words are shared with the staff in A&E, especially Dr Speakman, they will be delighted to receive your positive feedback. I am however sorry to read that you did not feel the process to be as rapid as you would have liked. I will also pass this feedback on.

Best wishes

• Alurez thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Alurez (the patient)

I would just like to say that I became happy with Lisa's words I've just read and thank once again to the A&E team of the QUEH for the way I was treated when I had to look for the hospital's help.