"Raising money for a good cause........."

About: Rampton Hospital

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

"A friend of mine in another service has recently been diagnosed with Cancer, and I wanted to be able to help. The only way I could think of showing my support was to raise money for Macmillan, as there was nothing practical that I could do to help.

I approached the managers in Southwell to see if this was something they could support me with, they thought it was a great idea, and a date was arranged. "

The event was well attended by both Learning disability patients, and Mental health, and many of the escorting staff also made donations.

The most popular cake of the day by far was battenburg, and patients said that it was because they had fond memories attached to it.

Attending patients said that it was "really good, they enjoyed it, for a good cause" "Cakes make perfect entertaining"

In total we raised £183. 25

Response from Helen Watkinson, Clinical Nurse Manager, Rampton Hospital, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your feedback about our services, it is good to know that patients feel supported in the ways that matter to them. I know that staff in Southwell will be really pleased to get this feedback and it helps the service gain support for such events in the future.

Well done everyone on the amount of money raised, Macmillan is a fantastic cause

and I know that they will put it to good use.

regards

Helen

Response from Annett Magore, Senior Nurse/Modern Matron , Men's Personality Disorder and National High Secure Women's Services Directorate Rampton Hospital, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Well done to all patients and staff who responsed to the request from a service user and took part in fundraising for this worthy cause. you must be feeling very proud of the money you raised. More importantly you have ensured that the good work done by MacMillan is known inside as well as outside of secure environments.

job well done!