"Visit to Paediatric UCC"

About: Queen Mary's Hospital (Sidcup)

I brought my son to the UCC after he sustained a very large laceration to his forehead. The receptionist dealt with our admission seriously & took us straight through to the Paediatric side of the UCC where we were seen straight away. We were then joined by another member of staffl who worked alongside the first one to help my son. Throughout our visit we were treated with the utmost of respect and in a very serious but courteous manner. My son is only 5 & although very young was treated in a way he could understand & relate too. He was seen extremely quickly & treated straight away for something at the time he could have felt traumatic if left any longer. Both members of staff kept him calm throughout his treatment & are an asset to this department. Thank you for all you done at this time. It's only too often these people go without thanks. From a very appreciative parent!

Response from Queen Mary's Hospital

Unfortunately King's does not manage the Urgent Care Centre at Queen Mary's so we are unable to respond to your comments.

Glad to hear that you had a good experience though!