"Appointment procedure"

About: General practices in Lanarkshire

It feels like it's almost impossible to get an appointment at this practice, as though the system is designed in such a way to deter people instead of helping them.

our first experience was a nightmare we rang and rang and rang all morning as advised

later with no success had to go there personally although ill with nausia and vomiting to insist on seeing a doctor. The telephone was automated ringing constantly without reply.

I think that people epecially ill people should not I repeat not be subjected to this

Response from Kathryn Ferguson, Patient Affairs Manager, Primary Care Division, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear stl4

Thanks for getting in touch - I was sorry to read about your recent experience in contacting your GP Practice for an appointment. I can completely understand why you would feel frustrated.

If you would like me to pass on your concerns to the practice manager of your GP practice I'd be more than happy to assist, if you can contact me directly on 01698 858 292 or via email kathryn.ferguson@lanarskhire.scot.nhs.uk

Kind Regards