"Thank you, Addenbrooke's"

About: Addenbrooke's Hospital / Accident and emergency

I cannot thank the staff enough for the way they cared for my mum when she was admitted in January this year, after collapsing due to hydration and alcohol abuse. The staff were very kind to me and my stepdad (even when I threw up in the ambulance due to motion sickness!) and kept us up to date, and made sure Mum was well looked after. They weren't rude or judgemental at all about the fact she had been drinking. They gave her nutrients on a drip and she was discharged in the evening. It was one of the worst days of my life, but one of the few positives I can take from it was the top quality care she received from the nurses and registrars. So thanks once again. We are all grateful.

Response from Addenbrooke's Hospital

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. We are very pleased to hear that staff supported you, your mother and stepfather through what must have been a very difficult time for you all. We do hope your mother is feeling better. Please be reassured your comments will be shared with the relevant staff, who we are sure will be very pleased to hear that they were able to make a difference.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)

pals@addenbrookes.nhs.uk