"Very disappointing"

About: City Hospital / Accident and emergency

Attended A&E after consulting with my private clinic due to worries over an ectopic pregnancy. Took straight through to a bed where I was left for 4 hours without pain relief. Staff sat around whilst I was waiting for pain relief counting down the hours till they finished. Was then told to 'go home' and await an appointment. No scan nothing. By the time I had an appointment with the early pregnancy clinic I had suffered a miscarriage. This was told to the person who scanned me. The scan its self was fine. Was told to wait in a room. Not told what I was waiting for. Other issues occurred with my doctor but that's nothing to do with the care here. I had a blood test completed in the outpatients part which my results were 'lost' according to my doctors.

Response from City Hospital

Dear Lauren, I am really sorry about your experiences. The care you received is not up to our usual high standards. Our Patient Advice and Liaison Team would like to look into your care so that we can make sure that things improve. Could you please send some details to the team on swb-tr.pals@nhs.net so that we can investigate this further? Thank you and I wish you well. Toby Lewis, Chief Executive.