"Operation cancelled 3 times despite being told it was urgent"

About: St George's Hospital (Tooting) / Nephrology

I had a graft put in for dialysis access pre my kidney transplantation and as the graft was clotting it was surgically tied off earlier this year. Thanks to the way the wound was sewn up the end of the plastic tube of the graft worked it's way through the incision and is poking through the skin, which is a massive infection risk. My operation to correct this has now been cancelled three times, even though I was told months ago it was urgent!

Trying to get answers or help from the staff is near impossible and I am finding the whole process frustrating and frightening. The staff do not return calls or I am fobbed off.

Response from St George's Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on your concerns with St. George's Hospital. We are very sorry that your experience is below the standard we expect for our patients. If you have not already done so you can contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS). It is available to investigate or feed back comments on services that patients have experienced. By providing PALS with more information on yourself PALS would be able to feed back to the area your dissatisfaction in the service and help with communication.