"depression and repeat prescription"

About: General Practices in Grampian

I I am 25 years old, female I have a physical disability called Hemaplegic migraine with Ataxia, and I also have depression. this depression has caused my disability to worsen over time physically and emotionally. I think mental illness should be more supported, monitored, helped etc. Every time I phone for my prescription I have a long long wait for my depression tablets, I get my inhalers etc but "I'm always told to phone and reorder and come back to the pharmacy tomorrow and they should be in" sadly when I am waiting for my tablets to be in my headaches ( usually about 2weeks waiting and off depression tablets) my moods are erratic and my physical disability (Ataxia) is more noticeable, meaning I'm more wobbly and more likely to have my hemaplegic migraines.

My doctor surgery was Holburn medical group in Aberdeen but now I recently I have changed to links surgery in Aberdeen in my local area. I thought this may have been easier as closer but I'm still waiting and no depression tablets.

I'm sorry but I'm not emotionally ok and would like to be back on them so I can be off them soon (been on them 3 years on and off and no fault of my own). help please and tell me why this keeps happening and why I'm waiting! I think it's dangerous playing with people's mental health!

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Experience, NHS Grampian

Dear Vickzen

I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing in getting your repeat prescriptions. You should talk this over with the Practice Manager as there is no reason why, if ordered in a timely manner, there should be a gap which results in you missing your medication.

You sound very brave in dealing with you ill-health and I can tell from you story that you really want to be as well as you can be.

Please do not let this situation go on. You must talk with your Practice to see how it can be resolved.

Kind regards and good luck,