"Excellent level of care in A&E"

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital / Accident and emergency

My husband and I visited the A&E department over the weekend our 12 week old son. Once we had been seen by a triage nurse we were swiftly transferred to our own room to wait to be seen by the doctor. Although we had to wait a couple of hours for a doctor, the level of care for our son was excellent. The doctor decided to carry out a number of tests/procedures to rule out more serious conditions, whilst this was a worrying and upsetting time for us, the medical team explained all the procedures and kept us updated on test results. We were well looked after by the nursing staff who made us feel very comfortable during our overnight stay. All the staff involved in our sons care are a credit to the NHS. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the A&E department. It is a shame to find out that if our son had needed to stay in hospital for more than 24 hrs that he would have had to be transferred to another hospital as the QE no longer have beds available.

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice comment about the hospital and we're pleased to hear that your experience was such a positive one. We hope your son is feeling better and we'll pass on your comments to the team.