"Emergency eye clinic attendance"

About: Royal Hallamshire Hospital / Ophthalmology

I had to attend the emergency eye clinic on Tuesday 27th September after experiencing loss of vision in my right eye that morning.

The whole experience was very positive. I was seen within 10 minutes, despite the department being exceptionally busy. I had a range of investigations performed within the clinic to exclude 'serious problems' All the staff from the receptionist through to the senior consultants were kind, supportive, informative and reassuring. Although I was in the department for over 4 hours the majority of the time was spent having various ultrasound, scans and visual examinations. Thank you for being there when I needed you. There was never any attempt to hurry me and the clinical team ensured I fully understood what was happening and gave me ample time to discuss the problem despite the fact that they were so busy their handling of my consultation did not give that impression. Well done Royal Hallamshire you deserve a five star rating!

Response from Nancy Henwood, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Sue,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this positive feedback. Staff always appreciate and are encouraged by receiving such kind words and we will ensure this is passed onto them.

We hope you are recovering well.

With thanks and kind regards