"Colposcopy Experience"

About: Croydon University Hospital / Gynaecology

I attended an appointment for a colposcopy very recently and arrived to be told my appointment had been cancelled and rebooked for a later date, but the kind receptionist managed to fit me in for that morning anyway without any fuss.

I did not know what to expect and did not realize how painful and awful this procedure was going to be. It brought tears to my eyes and I couldn't wait for it to be over.

I want to thank the kind consultant who carried out the procedure and the lovely HCA who was so sympathetic and very caring.

I work at the trust which was unknown to all the staff and I just want to say I was impressed with the attitude and kindness that was shown to me. Well done.

Response from Hilary Frayne, Head of Nursing for Patient Experience, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust

Dear Lollita

I am sorry that there had been miss-communication about your appointment date but pleased that the staff were flexible and made sure you had your procedure on the day you attended.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience which was very positive, despite your anxieties. I will pass on your thanks to the team who looked after you as it is always good to receive a compliment.

Best wishes