"Emergency chest x-ray and hospital experience"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Accident and emergency

I recently moved to Lincoln and was referred by my GP for an emergency x-ray. I've haven't seen such a dirty hospital in the entire of my life. I was there for an hour for the initial assessment and after that it took three hours to be seen by a doctor and then half an hour to take x ray and an hour and a half to get my result!

During my time there, I saw people throw up and the staff instead of cleaning it just put caution boards around it. There appeared to be no aircon in the waiting area and bad smell all over the waiting area. I also saw a women who was discharged from the hospital collapse in front of me and the nurse was just looking at her.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Joojoo

I am sorry to read these comments as this is not the experience we would hope for someone attending our hospital.

Delays in patient assessment do unfortunately occur at times of high patient attendance, we are currently working with the senior team to look at different ways of working to try to alleviate some of the queues. I apologise for the poor state of cleanliness, we have had vacancies within our housekeeping team which I am pleased to report are now recruited to.

I will be sharing your concerns with the A&E team as it is important that we are able to focus on both negative and positive comments we receive. Many thanks for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Karen Hansord