"2 year tossed b/w urgent care and a&e arriving..."

About: West Middlesex University Hospital

My son had a fall and went unconscious initially yesterday. Ambulance came and he was then awake and then taken to west middlesex hospital. He is 2 and half years old.

There I was checked in by ambulance at urgent care.

After waiting 2 hours I went to counter and said that I had my child unconscious and he was brought by ambulance yet has not been seen even by a nurse still. They said we did not know he was unconscious and so we cannot see him take him to a&e counter... a&e said there is 4 hour wait take him back to urgent care and request to be seen but urgent care refused.

I was then informally advised by staff at a&e counter to go to Westminster Chelsea and not wait there.

I drove my child to Westminster Chelsea where people were surprised and disappointed to hear my experience. I was promptly booked in and my boy seen by head nurse then soon by a doctor and next thing we know by a senior consultant. Thorough advise given and event discussed. Possibility to do ct also discussed and risks.

Extremely pleased with the care and support at Westminster Chelsea likewise extremely disappointed with west middlesex

Response from West Middlesex University Hospital

We are very sorry to hear this. Your comments have been passed on to the A&E and UCC teams. We would like the opportunity to investigate further and respond to you fully. Please get in touch via pals.service@wmuh.nhs.uk / 020 8321 6261.